Not My Kind of Sleep
12.19PM
I'm in uni at the moment. Woke up an hour ago from a 12 hour sleep. However, i didnt sleep thru the night. Do you experience those days where u just dun have those sleeps that take u thru the whole nite? Its like waking up a couple of time out fo the blue and then continue sleeping. It was uncomfortable. I even jolted up with stiffness running all over my left arm. I think i must twisted it during my sleep. Dammit! And I thought I could rest well. Ok...I've some trouble relating that experience as i've used up most of my brain juices the last few days to get some work done. After 12hours of sleep...i'm still recuperating.
Handed up my Enterprise System portfolio assignment yesterday. I did the compiling and the report ended up with 10k words. 44 pages. I was like WOOT! As far as i remember the word limit was something like 5k? Ah what the heck. Hmmm I had three meals within the timeframe of 6hours yesterday. Its not like i wanted to eat that much but accompanying this and that. Ended up...1 korean squid rice, 1 crispy chicken rice and 1 monterey jack new york fries. Here's how it goes...
WAIT!
I've actually taken photos of what happened but I'm in the uni rite now so I can't sorta upload it into the comp. It'll have to wait until i get home later. So right now...these words will do.
First meet up wif SzeYin and her group for din...LUNCH. Angeline had 1 friend from KL who came and visit. Took them to Elizabeth ( Elizabert or Elizabeth?) Arcade where there's this Korean place. I wanted to go to City Wok, but they were closing already. Same goes with Kadoya. Anyway took a couple of snap shots...again. Kept saying 'DONT U DARE POST IT UP'...They even had all plots and schemes to take my phone away and delete the pics. Geez....U betcha I'm gonna post em up. Went to uni after that to print and hand in my assignment, and saw Daph on the way. Her assignment was running late cause of some f'ked up member. Hey on our way we even picked up a old nokia phone in the lift. We gave it back...(We're NOT LIKE YOU) Then went to Green Tea House to have dinner. Hanz was in the city that time, wanted to meet up him to buy something. In the end we tot of making our lives easier and decided on a surprise. Yep Yep. Then Brian called saying they are going to Winter Garden for dinner. Since i have no house keys, i had to tag along. My teeth was itchy that time, so i ordered New York Fries. *FULL*
NgaiYung had his haircut after that. and I thought...hmm maybe I should get one too. Just go for a trim. It has been 1 year since I last cut my hair. That Hairdresser later trimmed my hair and charged me nothing. You'll see why when i post the pics up. Then it was Bubbles. A Cafe/Restaurant/Pub in the city because its awhile until our bus comes. Had Bailey with milk. Oh how i miss those drinking sessions... Its also quite some time since I laid my taste buds over sweet Bailey Irish Cream. The next is history.
BUT WAIT!! There's more.
Thursday was the last day I had classes. That means lectures and tutorials and practicals and other craps. It also my last undergraduate session with the lecturers and tutors. Yeah baby yeah! Btw it was my last IS consulting class and the whole class asked Greg (our lecturer/tutor) for any wisdom that he can spare. Then he told us a bunch of engagement processes that consultants should know. Because this subject is mainly about winning the proposal. Quote "You may have the knowledge to do it, but you too got to have the skills to get it. " Its a nice subject. Best I've had in QUT. And for our workshop? we only got 24/35. 10 for proposal and 14 for presentation. Not that spectacular. Unexpected as well. Oh well, its out and there's nothing that can be done about it.
The skills in engagement. I think this knowledge can be generic as well because it can be applied to a wide range of topics.
1. Relationship. I don't think this needs any more explanation because everyone knows how far relationship can take you. Its one of the core factors in getting the proposal. *laughs* THere was even a quote by one of the other team saying "Once you enter the meeting, Don't straight away ask about the topic for discussion. Instead ask how's their morning and what did they had for breakfast"
2. Understand the process. Its important to understand the on going processes but, don't get yourself too involved. (I kinda forgotten why he said that) Always be prepared and plan ahead. Prepare for the unexpected and guard yourself from the range of client behaviours that you will come across. Which leads to the third skills.
3. Question is not a statement. Sometimes its how u ask the question from the client. Always make a question and not a statement. Ok. Compare 'You are being judgemental' with 'Do you think you are judgemental' The 1st will make the client ask yr basis of that statement. The 2nd will make them ask themselves why are you making that statement. Becareful of the accusation that you will pop subconsciously. Always become a LIAR when the client asks questions. Dont get me wrong. Its Listen to their question. Then Investigate the reason for the question. "Why are they asking that?" Then Acknowledge their question. Assure them that you know what are they talking about. Finally Respond to that question. Be sure to really give thoughts into the respond that you are giving because it will portray the quality that you possess.
Thats enough for today.
I'm in uni at the moment. Woke up an hour ago from a 12 hour sleep. However, i didnt sleep thru the night. Do you experience those days where u just dun have those sleeps that take u thru the whole nite? Its like waking up a couple of time out fo the blue and then continue sleeping. It was uncomfortable. I even jolted up with stiffness running all over my left arm. I think i must twisted it during my sleep. Dammit! And I thought I could rest well. Ok...I've some trouble relating that experience as i've used up most of my brain juices the last few days to get some work done. After 12hours of sleep...i'm still recuperating.
Handed up my Enterprise System portfolio assignment yesterday. I did the compiling and the report ended up with 10k words. 44 pages. I was like WOOT! As far as i remember the word limit was something like 5k? Ah what the heck. Hmmm I had three meals within the timeframe of 6hours yesterday. Its not like i wanted to eat that much but accompanying this and that. Ended up...1 korean squid rice, 1 crispy chicken rice and 1 monterey jack new york fries. Here's how it goes...
WAIT!
I've actually taken photos of what happened but I'm in the uni rite now so I can't sorta upload it into the comp. It'll have to wait until i get home later. So right now...these words will do.
First meet up wif SzeYin and her group for din...LUNCH. Angeline had 1 friend from KL who came and visit. Took them to Elizabeth ( Elizabert or Elizabeth?) Arcade where there's this Korean place. I wanted to go to City Wok, but they were closing already. Same goes with Kadoya. Anyway took a couple of snap shots...again. Kept saying 'DONT U DARE POST IT UP'...They even had all plots and schemes to take my phone away and delete the pics. Geez....U betcha I'm gonna post em up. Went to uni after that to print and hand in my assignment, and saw Daph on the way. Her assignment was running late cause of some f'ked up member. Hey on our way we even picked up a old nokia phone in the lift. We gave it back...(We're NOT LIKE YOU) Then went to Green Tea House to have dinner. Hanz was in the city that time, wanted to meet up him to buy something. In the end we tot of making our lives easier and decided on a surprise. Yep Yep. Then Brian called saying they are going to Winter Garden for dinner. Since i have no house keys, i had to tag along. My teeth was itchy that time, so i ordered New York Fries. *FULL*
NgaiYung had his haircut after that. and I thought...hmm maybe I should get one too. Just go for a trim. It has been 1 year since I last cut my hair. That Hairdresser later trimmed my hair and charged me nothing. You'll see why when i post the pics up. Then it was Bubbles. A Cafe/Restaurant/Pub in the city because its awhile until our bus comes. Had Bailey with milk. Oh how i miss those drinking sessions... Its also quite some time since I laid my taste buds over sweet Bailey Irish Cream. The next is history.
BUT WAIT!! There's more.
Thursday was the last day I had classes. That means lectures and tutorials and practicals and other craps. It also my last undergraduate session with the lecturers and tutors. Yeah baby yeah! Btw it was my last IS consulting class and the whole class asked Greg (our lecturer/tutor) for any wisdom that he can spare. Then he told us a bunch of engagement processes that consultants should know. Because this subject is mainly about winning the proposal. Quote "You may have the knowledge to do it, but you too got to have the skills to get it. " Its a nice subject. Best I've had in QUT. And for our workshop? we only got 24/35. 10 for proposal and 14 for presentation. Not that spectacular. Unexpected as well. Oh well, its out and there's nothing that can be done about it.
The skills in engagement. I think this knowledge can be generic as well because it can be applied to a wide range of topics.
1. Relationship. I don't think this needs any more explanation because everyone knows how far relationship can take you. Its one of the core factors in getting the proposal. *laughs* THere was even a quote by one of the other team saying "Once you enter the meeting, Don't straight away ask about the topic for discussion. Instead ask how's their morning and what did they had for breakfast"
2. Understand the process. Its important to understand the on going processes but, don't get yourself too involved. (I kinda forgotten why he said that) Always be prepared and plan ahead. Prepare for the unexpected and guard yourself from the range of client behaviours that you will come across. Which leads to the third skills.
3. Question is not a statement. Sometimes its how u ask the question from the client. Always make a question and not a statement. Ok. Compare 'You are being judgemental' with 'Do you think you are judgemental' The 1st will make the client ask yr basis of that statement. The 2nd will make them ask themselves why are you making that statement. Becareful of the accusation that you will pop subconsciously. Always become a LIAR when the client asks questions. Dont get me wrong. Its Listen to their question. Then Investigate the reason for the question. "Why are they asking that?" Then Acknowledge their question. Assure them that you know what are they talking about. Finally Respond to that question. Be sure to really give thoughts into the respond that you are giving because it will portray the quality that you possess.
Thats enough for today.

3 Comments:
hmm daren nowadays are getting more philosophical...think must be due to the fact that ive started being philosophical first..hahaha i know u must be giving me that 'eh leh' face now..but wuteva... i kinda like ur skills in engagement..most of us REALISE it..but for u to refine it in words...credit should be given..hahaha but for u or ur tutor..dunnola..ur piece though not too technical(should be more if you want ppl to keep thinking :P) but gives an insight to what u are transmitting... liked especially the third one..QUESTION IS NOT A STATEMENT... and yeah.. most ppl inadvertently place 'accusations' or 'judgments' in their questions..thats why the matter of presenting ur questions is important.. hahahah... respond to the question... totally agree with you... finally will just like to add...quality of consulting/backing up ur ass is very much dependent on ur skills of bullshiting and analysing ur opponents capability...
too draggy d..shit..
hey getting too technical may get em bored ya know...some may not like it...so i tot touching the general idea of it may just hit em well.....who knows....hahaha looks like my piece got it well onto u....LOL
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home