Thoughts of ReMyD: Fortitute Valley

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Fortitute Valley

4.32PM

Woke up an hour ago from a nights out at Fortitute Valley a.k.a. China Town or The Valley. First Daph told me to wear not so smart because the place we're going to only allows ppl with casual dress in. Meaning leather shoes and button'ed shirts are a no no. Its called Birdie Num Num. First we went to this place under the Story Bridge. Decided to pop in and have a drink.


This place is called Story Bridge Place. I kinda forgotten its name but its exactly underneath Story Bridge. Whole lotta corporate ppl there. Middle age women getting their attention noted for matured looking men. Not for youngsters like us. Into the next destination. The Valley.


First we went to the Elephant Wheelbarrel. Another old folk's place. So many middle aged ppl. Apparently there was a live band. Some unknown band playing all kinds of music. The thing that caught my attention was Fox Sport Live showing Birmingham vs. Crystal Palace. 0-1. Oh there was this lady who required the assistance of an ambulance. She broke her leg or something. Kirk said she danced too much. LOL.


This is the band. Nothing impressive. Too noisy and too crowded. Can't enjoy the music and dancing and atmosphere. Went back and watch Manchester United vs. Portsmouth. Just after kick off.


Had Smirnoff Double Black. Vodka with soda. Nice. 8aud. Initially had Jim Beam with cola. Don't like it. I don't understand how did I like it months ago. Maybe my taste buds changed. Felt like puking after drinking that. Smirnoff changed everything.


Then made a move to Birdie Num Num. Never went in. Queue was long and Daph's friend Irena was already making their way to another place.


So went to GPO instead. But couldn't go in. Issac was without his ID and Kirk worn like...too casual. Damn hate those dress codes for pubs.


I had to take a piss, so went in and snapped a pic of inside. I remember this was the first pub that I went in months ago with Hanz and his housemate. After that was hmmmmmmmm...


Then went looking for QA hotel. Apparently Kirk knows somebody there but couldnt find it, so we went back to RG. Couldn't get in again. So went next door. *sigh*


Everywhere was so packed with everyone. There's even ppl spilling beer all over the place. Esp those drunkards. It stinked. Hate that place. Then there was ppl fighting. Inside however was a different story. Everyone is grub'in and smooch'in and licking all over the place.

Then Kirk went back to change so that we could enter RG. It was 2am already. We all thought it was unecessary. But he insisted. So we chatted and danced a lil. Bored. I grabbed a 3bucks pizza just opposite to fill my stomach. Still bored. So took some pics.


Daph and Me...(I like that hat, it was Daph's btw...)


Kirk, Issac and Daph...

2.45. We are in RG. Finally some music that we can dance. People fighting inside again. Don't understand them at all. Blackburn vs. Liverpool was live. Emerton just scored on the 45th minute. 2-1. Danced abit. Decided not to have any drinks already. Have too much gas in my stomach. And Daph ordered this rum coke thingy. Eww...Then they showed highlights of the Portsmouth vs. Manchester United game. Man U down 1-0. Back to Liverpool. 54th minute Baros scored thanks to a Blackburn player's error. Then it was near 4. I decided to call it a night. With byes and hugs and hand-shakes all exchanged, I grabbed a pizza (again...) on my way out and made my way to the taxi stand.


Just look at the ppl queue'in up. Took me almost 1/2 an hour to queue and grab a cab. Everyone was just....ahhh. Oh there was plenty of chicks all waiting for taxis. All wonderfully dressed. Just looking at them and 30minutes was just like 3minutes. All so sexy... Then my turn for a cab and made my way home...ZZZzzzz....

Weird night out. I think I better start studying already. Hmm Kien just said he's coming on the 20th. Gotta make plans for that as well. Thats it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home