Thoughts of ReMyD: Finally Getting Things Right...

Monday, November 08, 2004

Finally Getting Things Right...

7.30AM

Finally getting some normal slumber nowadays. Been sleeping from 8-10pm till 4-6am the past few days and getting some studies in my head. Just completed ITPM yesterday. Gonna make another revision for it today before commencing on Enterprise Systems. I reckon three days berserking on that subject will be sufficient. Watched 2 movies the past 2 days. Both psychological dramas. Really confusing and makes you think throughout the movie on what the heck are you watching. First was Collateral and then The Manchurian Candidate. I prefer the latter.


Image courtesy of http://www.collateral-themovie.com

This movie is about a taxi driver Max (Jamie Foxx), being at the wrong place at the wrong time, a collateral when he was approached by Vincent (Tom Cruise), a contract killer. 5 stops of brutal murder and Max is being pushed to the limit where he finally decides confront Vincent. Really alot of conversation going within the entire 2hour show, and if you miss a part, or you are confused with a particular scene, you may end up snoring for the remainder of the movie. The camera movements of the movie was actually making my head dizzy and I had to move a few sits behind to calm my brain for the moment. Overall I think the story is good and complimented by some good acting. Makes me wonder about alot of things, like being at the wrong place at the wrong time, as I've always said 'Its fate'. Then its up to you to make the better of things, to improve on the situation where you will not be manipulated by the consequences of being a collateral. LOL this made me thought of NgaiYung's case where he was confronted by a chinese girl in Uni accusing him of stealing her phone. Although that may be an exaggeration of being a collateral, but yeah, probably he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Haha. Go read it in his blog. Funny scenario.


Image courtesy of http://www.manchuriancandidatemovie.com/

Then it was The Manchurian Candidate. A remake of the 1969 (or some year) classic that featured Frank Sinatra. Its about Major Marco (Denzel Washington) having weird dreams of the incident that happened during his military service in Kuwait where they were ambushed and what he perceives as Sargant Shaw (Liev Schreiber), Sargant Raymond Shaw, Raymond Prestice Shaw (hahaha watch the movie and you'll know what's with the repetition of his name) single handedly eliminates the opposition and salvaging the entire unit from harm's way. Years later and Shaw runs for vice-presidency under the guidance of his overbearing mother, Senator Eleanor Shaw (Meryl Streep). Major Marco then conducts an investigation, a paranoid investigation as they called it and stumbles upon conspiracy involving illegal medical experimentation of the brain washing technique to make Shaw the President of the United States, as part of the political 'puppet leader' of an organization called Manchurian Global. The finale of the movie portrays how one can be connected to another individual through a special bond, a bond that even the brain washing technique couldn't erase. If there is a hero and villian of this movie, Denzel Washington will be the hero and Meryl Streep will be the villian. You can see in the movie to the extend the overbearing mother in controlling and protecting the son with drastic measures. Then you'll sit there thinking "Holy shit! Luckily my mum ain't like that!" Another intelligent triller with good performances by the cast. Another show that caught my brain cells ticking. Imagine how will far will technology takes us until the time comes. It is really horrifying to think of the usage of medical advancement in the future. Try to imagine you could actually change, erase and even create memories and the past of a human being, ultimately changing his/her character and personality to fit in a desirable manner. Of course, there are certain memories that some of you would like to erase, but it is those memories that gives you the experiences, the maturity of a growing mind. How I wish that I could change some memories of mine in the past, correcting mistakes of the results of stupidity, carelessness and foolishness, but it is those mistakes that makes you stronger and gives you strength, and it is those strength that makes you a better person! (Part of them copied from what Hinata said to Naruto :p) Ok back to brain washing technique. Most of the movies depicts the governments extend of authority, or even private organization, the power they would like to achieve. What do powerful men/women wants? More power. But when they finally achieve that power, they tend to misuse it. That is where things go wrong, goes horribly wrong. Of course that is not up to me to decide. And all those mentioned in the movies are entirely, well not entirely but partially fictional. BUT! there is a possibility of it happening. We just don't know when will it be happening and whether will it actually happen to us. Maybe to our grandsons/granddaughters and the generation beyond. Who knows? Who can predict the future? If there is somebody who can sees the future or even predict the future, who would want to know the future? Many people says that ignorance is bliss. Do you agree?

Whoa that is a whole bunch of crap. OMG I've actually watched movies during exam week. How great is that? But yeah, we actually need relaxation. We can't possibly study till yr brains juices go dry. You need to relax before you can continue further. That sheer determination that enables you to archieve the ever impossible. (WTF?) Anyway before actually watching The Manchurian Candidate, Hanz dropped an offline msg saying he will be going to watch Shall We Dance with the girls. I was like huh? What girls? As I know most of them will be studying and would they wanna watch? Then when I heard IT IS TRUE! Unexpected of course. Then Gerby said that Jane just woke up (3pm at that time) and she doesn't wanna watch already. Expected (NATO hahahaha). Then when I said I wanna watch The Manchurian Candidate, Gerby says she don't want to watch. Expected, cause she's not into that type of movies. NgaiYung says he wanna study. So ended up, Hanz and I. And Hanz made it sounded like a whole group of people. Hahahahaha.

WOOT! written so much already. Damnit, I'm hungry now. Just had crumplets and I'm still hungry. NgaiYung woke up already. I think I better prepare something else for breakfast. If not I won't be able to grasp ITPM into my database. That is after GB'ing of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home